Thanks so much for checking this page before donating food. We update it regularly so you can see what's most needed right now.
Since April 2020, we’ve been delivering emergency food supplies to the homes of people referred to us in severe hardship. Our five food bank centres – where people used to come to collect the food they need – are still temporarily closed. Home delivery means we can continue providing emergency food to local people, while keeping everyone as safe and well as possible.
As our centres are closed, we’re asking people not to deliver food to our centres for now. However you can still donate to help local people who’ve been pulled into hardship, and we couldn’t do what we do without the generosity of local people! Could you:
- Give a financial donation, which we’ll continue to use where the need is greatest as we support local people. For instance,at the moment, we’re giving supermarket vouchers to every individual and family referred to us in hardship, alongside emergency food and toiletries. This is so that people can choose and buy additional items they need, including fresh food, fruit and veg.
- Give food online via Bankuet. Your gift, specified for Wandsworth Foodbank, will enable us to order exactly the food we need for people, when we need it – and Bankuet will deliver it directly to us. You can also add Gift Aid to maximise your donation, if you’re able to.
- Donate at Wandsworth Foodbank collection points at local supermarkets. Please check our most needed list (on right) and please only donate items that are in-date and unopened (as otherwise we’re not able to use them). Thanks.
We currently have collection points at:
- Asda, Clapham Junction (near main entrance) – open 24 hours (11am-4pm Sundays)
- NEW! Asda, Roehampton – open 24 hours (11am-4pm Sundays)
- Co-op, Northcote Road (near exit) – open 7am-10pm (Sundays 11am-5pm)
- Waitrose at Putney Exchange, Southside and Clapham Junction (near store entrances) – open 8am-8pm (Sundays 11am-5pm)
- Sainsburys in Putney (Werter Rd), Wandsworth (Garratt Lane), Balham (Balham High Rd) – open 7am-9pm (Sundays 11am-5pm)
- Aspire, Moyser Road, Furzedown (please knock on door) – open Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 10am-3pm
Please contact us if you have any questions about donating food that aren’t answered here. Thank you!